Need more proof that some of the most popular and delicious sweet treats in the world can be adapted to fit a healthier lifestyle? These show-stopping donuts are vegan, gluten-free, contain no refined white sugar, and deliver protein, fibre, magnesium and copper from superfoods to support your health. Super simple and quick to make and absolutely addictive!
- 65g almond flour
- 130g gluten-free plain flour
- 32g Naturya Organic Banana Baobab SuperProtein Blend
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp Naturya Gut Feel Unflavoured Flaxseed Blend and 2.5 tbsp water)
- 2 large overripe bananas
- 65g Naturya Cashew & Hazelnut Superfood Spread
- 35ml maple syrup
- 65ml oat milk
- 65g Naturya Organic Cacao Nibs sweetened with Yacon
- Naturya Cacao & Hazelnut Superfood Spread to top
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
2. Combine the dry ingredients (almond flour, gluten-free flour, Banana Baobab SuperProtein Blend, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) in a mixing bowl.
3. Mix the Gut Feel Flaxseed Blend with water and leave it to thicken for 5 minutes to make the flax egg.
4. Combine the wet ingredients (bananas, Cashew & Hazelnut Superfood Spread, maple syrup, oat milk, flax egg) in a separate bowl.
5. Add the dry mix to the wet mix, and fold in half of the Cacao Nibs sweetened with Yacon.
6. Spoon the mixture into the donut moulds.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
8. Allow to cool in the moulds for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to fully cool.