A classic banana bread with a ginger twist makes for an irresistible vegan dessert. Complimented by the delicious flavours of our Banana Baobab Superprotein, this sweet, nutty, and moist bread provides an abundance of macronutrients, supporting muscle growth and fighting fatigue.
- 3 bananas (2 in the mix and 1 on top)
- 25g walnuts, chopped
- 100g GF or plain flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 25g Naturya Banana Baobab Superprotein
- 1.5tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp dried ginger
- 80ml maple or agave
- 50ml aquafaba (from a can of chickpeas)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 355F / 180C / 160 fan.
- Place the aquafaba in a mixing bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until fluffy.
- Place two ripe bananas in a clean mixing bowl and blitz with a stick blender or mash with a fork.
- Add all the wet ingredients (including the aquafaba) and stir with a spatula to combine. Add the dry and stir to make a thick batter.
- Line a baking tray (25 x 16.5 x 2 cm) with greaseproof paper. Add the batter and level with a spatula. Slice the remaining banana lengthways and press into the batter (cut side facing up), and sprinkle with chopped walnuts (pressing them slightly into the batter too).
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until you can insert and remove a skewer without crumbs sticking. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then place on a wire wrack to fully cool and firm up. Cut into 8 slices and serve.