This crunchy & sweet salad is full of plant-based protein and antioxidants from colourful vegetables. The dressing includes Spirulina, a natural source of plant-based protein, vitamins A, B1, B2, iodine and manganese.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp (10g) Spirulina
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 100g edamame beans
- 200g tofu, cut into cubes
- 50g cashews
- Make the dressing by whisking together the garlic, lime juice, maple syrup, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli flakes and Spirulina. Add a little water if it needs to be loosened (this will depend on the peanut butter used).
- Slice the courgette and carrot into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Place the strips onto a platter.
- Add the red pepper, spring onions, edamame beans and tofu to the platter.
- Spoon over half of the dressing and sprinkle over the cashew to serve, with the remaining dressing in a jug.