These perfectly soft and fluffy muffins are bursting with fruity flavour and fresh blueberries in every bite. The addition of our Superprotein takes them to the next level by providing hints of rich acai and natural strawberry.
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 80ml water
- 120g coconut yoghurt
- 50g Naturya Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 120ml plant based milk (we used almond)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160g rolled oats
- 40g Naturya Acai and Strawberry Superprotein
- 80g Naturya Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup blueberries tossed in 1/2 tsp (GF) flour
- Preheat the oven to 355F / 180C / 160 fan.
- Add the flax and water to a cup, stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss the blueberries in a little flour (this helps prevent the blueberries bleeding when cooking).
- Add all the ingredients, expect the blueberries, to a blender (starting with the wet ingredients).
- Blitz to combine until a nice thick batter forms. You may need to scoop the sides with a spatula a couple of times and blend again.
- Tip the mix into a mixing bowl and stir through the berries, leaving about 15 to one side to press on top.
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners (greasing each with a little oil) or use silicone muffin cases.
- Scoop the batter into each, filling to about 3/4. Press the remaining blueberries into the top. NOTE: I used tulip cases. If using standard muffin case you may get more than 6 muffins.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until you can insert and remove a skewer without many crumbs sticking.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire wrack to fully cool and firm up.