Decadent Dark Chocolate Bites
Send your mind into a whirl with these impressive, melt in the mouth biscuits, sandwiched together with our moreish Goji Strawberry Super Conserve. And here’s the secret bit, our Super Conserve is so low in sugar we can’t even call it a jam!
For the biscuits
For the filling
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line 2 baking
sheets with baking parchment. Put the butter and icing sugar in a
large bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk for about 5 mins until pale and
fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and beat again until fully incorporated.
2. Sift in the flour, cornflour and baking powder, and fold into the mixture using a
spatula until combined (the dough should have a tacky consistency). Spoon the
dough into a piping
bag fitted with a large star-shaped nozzle. If all the mixture
doesn’t fit, do it in 2 batches.
3. Pipe swirly circles 5cm diameter onto 2 baking sheets making sure there are 3cm
spaces between each swirl.
4. Bake for 10-12 mins, swapping the trays over halfway through the cooking time so the
biscuits are evenly baked, until pale golden and cooked through. Leave to cool
on the baking sheets for a few mins, then transfer to wire
the biscuits cool, make the filling. Put the softened butter in a large mixing
bowl and add the icing sugar. Stir together initially with a wooden spoon then
switch to electric beaters or a whisk to get the buttercream fluffy and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and beat once
more to combine. Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag and snip off the end.
6. Turn the biscuits over so their flat side is facing up then pipe buttercream over
half of the biscuits and spread a little jam on the rest. Sandwich a jam
covered biscuit together with a buttercream one and repeat until all the
biscuits are used up.