Hemp & walnut bread Recipe
Hemp & walnut bread
The loaf with the most. Packed with our Hemp Protein Powder, this dough keeps you on the go!
How to make
- 450g strong white bread flour
- 200g rye flour
- 30g Naturya Hemp Protein Powder
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 x 7g Sachet dried yeast
- 1½ tbsp agave syrup
- 200g walnut halves, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl,mix together the flours, Hemp Protein Powder and salt. Make a well in the centre.
- Re-activate the yeast by mixing it in a small bowl with the agave syrup and 230 ml warm water.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the well of the flours and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Add another 230 ml of water to the bowl and gradually mix in the flours, making a soft but not sticky dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Add the walnuts and knead for another 2-3 minutes then return to a greased bowl, cover and leave to rise for 2 hours until doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough, knead again for 2 minutes and then divide into two portions.
- Shape each one and place on a baking sheet. Cover and again leave to rise for 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) Gas Mark 7.
- Slash the top of each loaf three times and bake for 15 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 190°C (375°F)
- Gas Mark 5 and continue to bake for 20-30 minutes, until the loaves sound hollow when tapped underneath.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Try our other recipies
Spirulina Cacao Energy Balls