Decadent Dark Chocolate Bites
A rich, buttery shortbread with a sweet, nutty flavor and a cacao butter filling. The secret superfood ingredient is Maca – a well-known energy booster due to its high Vitamin B2 and Iron content. Perfect with an afternoon cup of tea.
Almond Supershortbread Biscuits
For the filling:
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (Gas Mark 4)
2. Mix Flour and Caster Sugar in a bowl
3. Rub in the Butter/Margarine until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs.
4. Add the Ground Almond and bring together as a dough
5. Roll out to a 2cm thickness and cut out rounds of the shortbread
6. Space out on a piece of baking parchment on a baking tray
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until firm to the touch and very lightly brown- cool down on a wire rack.
8. Whilst cooling, make up the butter cream. Blend together the icing sugar and butter, whip to a light consistency, then add the cacao powder.
9. When the biscuits are cool, spread the cacao cream thickly over one biscuit and the almond butter on another and bring together!